NRCA represents roofing professionals before the U.S. Congress and federal government.
NRCA's Washington, D.C., office serves as NRCA's full-time advocate in our nation's
capital and works to advance the roofing industry's public policy agenda to help
your business grow while fighting proposals that would adversely affect your business.
NRCA member interests are concentrated in the following areas: tax policy, energy
efficiency, labor and workplace regulation, education and work-force training, immigration,
regulatory reform, insurance, litigation reform, and health care. The Washington, D.C.,
office monitors and advocates positions on all federal legislation and regulatory
activity in areas that affect NRCA members. To that end, NRCA works closely with
legislators and officials from the federal government and produces congressional
testimony, legislative and regulatory advocacy materials, copy for Professional Roofing
magazine and NRCA's website, and regular updates to NRCA members.
NRCA also establishes and participates in coalitions and industry groups to integrate
lobbying activities, identify areas of mutual concern and advance the roofing industry's
policy agenda. Currently, NRCA is involved in the following organizations:
- Co-Chair Construction Organizations for Sensible Taxation (COST) Coalition
- Co-Chair Construction Litigation and Insurance Coalition
- Steering Committee Member Essential Worker Immigration Coalition
- Steering Committee Member Association Health Plan Coalition
- Steering Committee Member Alliance for Energy and Economic Growth
- Member Labor Relations Committee, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Member Alliance to Save Energy
- Member Coalition to Insure Against Terrorism
- Member Family Business Estate Tax Coalition
- Member National Coalition on Ergonomics
- Trustee Associated Specialty Contractors
In addition, ROOFPACNRCA's federally-registered political action committeesupports
pro-business candidates for the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives.