For Foremen and Superintendents Only
Feb. 21, 2010
For Foremen and Superintendents Only is a program focusing on communication and management skills for field managers. The roofing industry is filled with foremen and superintendents who can install roof systems expertly and who were promoted because of that expertise. Unfortunately, these individuals often do not possess similar levels of leadership, communication and management skills needed to effectively run their crews. This program introduces the concept that they truly are managers and need to focus on these new skills to become effective crew leaders. It also provides concrete ways to improve their communication skills. This fun, interactive program is a great way to increase their ability to succeed. Course objectives After participating in this course participants should be able to do the following:
Note: This class is being held in conjunction with the 2010 International Roofing Expo and NRCA's 123rd Annual Convention. Registration for this course is available on Hanley Wood's Web site, www.theroofingexpo.com.
- Identify positive and negative approaches to communication
- Recognize their own communication styles
- Improve their communication skills
- Articulate specific ways to increase crew productivity
- Increase their job management skills
- Identify steps to improve their own leadership skills
- Implement conflict resolution with employees in discipline situations
- Translate learning to on-the-job situations
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
||(140 NRCA Points)
||(200 NRCA Points)
This page requires you to login with your NRCA account. Enter your user name and
password to login.
, if you need to register for a NRCA account.