Profitability Through Effective Safety Programs
NRCA University receives funding from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to create and administer roofing safety programs. In this newly developed, day-long program, NRCA University instructors focus on the critical elements of a safety program that can reduce injuries, sustain a productive workforce and increase profitability. Topics to be discussed include:
- Risk management approach to safety
- Identification of risks
- Job hazard analyses
- Risk transfer techniques and strategies
- Importance of your Experience Modification Rate (EMR)
- Essential role of training
- Effective safety training programs
- Incorporating bonuses and incentives to manage employee compliance
- Discipline policies that change behavior
- Job-specific safety programs
- Safety committee structure and purpose
- Management's role in a safety culture
To assist your company in developing a cohesive, written safety program, each participant will receive classroom materials and a resource guide in an electronic format developed specifically for this class. These resources will assist your company in creating a company or job-specific safety program suitable for safety and health compliance and for use in client proposals and submittals.
This class was developed under OSHA Susan Harwood Grant No. SH-18796-09-60-F-17.
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
<%--0.8 IACET CEU
8 hours of Florida CILB credit (including WPS)
Provider No.: 0000936
Course No.: 0608236