Recent numbers from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration show dangers from falls at construction sites remain the most frequently cited hazard on OSHA’s list of most-cited violations for fiscal year 2023, according to Safety+Health magazine.
Other rules related to construction falls are among the top 10 violations, including ladders and scaffolds.
Following are the top 10 most-cited violations for fiscal year 2023:
- Fall protection—general requirements at 7,271 violations
- Hazard communication at 3,213 violations
- Ladders at 2,978 violations
- Scaffolding at 2,859 violations
- Powered industrial trucks at 2,561 violations
- Lockout/tagout at 2,554 violations
- Respiratory protection at 2,481 violations
- Fall protection—training requirements at 2,112 violations
- Personal protective and lifesaving equipment—eye and face protection at 2,074 violations
- Machine guarding at 1,644 violations