Beginning in 2018, Roofing Day in D.C. is one of the largest advocacy events on Capitol Hill and remains the best chance to speak with one voice on the roofing industry’s top priorities.
Through your dedication to this event, we continue to accomplish great things.
- Roofing Day in D.C. has increased funding for Perkins Career and Technical Education State Grants nearly $200 million combined since its inception.
- Roofing Day in D.C. supported passage into law the Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century Act to ensure workforce development programs work well for the roofing industry.
- Roofing Day in D.C. ensured the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act became law with a strong buildings’ component
- Roofing Day in D.C. helped pass important provisions of the Energy Savings and Industrial Competitiveness Act, legislation to promote energy efficiency in residential, commercial, and industrial buildings.
- Roofing Day in D.C. secured passage into law of the Construction Consensus Procurement Improvement Act, legislation to prohibit the use of reverse auctions for construction services procured by the federal government.